Palestinian Memory Bank
23 July
Israeli F-16 fighter jets attack and destroy a four-story building in the Al-Yarmouk neighborhood of Gaza City, killing Hamas activist and commander of the Izz Eddin Al-Qassem wing Sheikh Salah Shehadeh, 49, his wife and one of his children and at least 14 other civilians, including 10 children aged two months to 11 years. Over 150 are injured, many of them women and children. Nearby buildings also suffer damage.
In Nablus District, the Israeli army burns hundreds of dunums of olive trees and bulldozes an area of land that is surrounding the bypass road in Qusin-Al Juneid.
Sheikh Ahmed Yassin offers Israel a truce in return for complete Israeli withdrawal from the territories occupied in 1967.
The Knesset Finance Committee approves $12 million in grants and subsidies for 400 dwelling units to be built in rural West Bank settlements.
On Mount of Olives in East Jerusalem, an "unlicensed" Greek Orthodox church is demolished. 2 Palestinian homes were demolished in East Jerusalem on the some grounds.
Egyptian Revolution: Free Officers launch a coup and seize control of all government buildings, radio stations, police stations, and the army headquarters in Cairo. The coup installed General Muhammad Najeeb as President.
1937 Arab Higher Committee rejects Royal Commission proposal and demands independent unitary Palestine with protection of "legitimate Jewish and other minority rights" and the safeguarding of British interests. Rebellion intensifies.
... Archive
IOF troops withdraw from Nablus after inflicting 80 casualties
IOF troops withdraw from Nablus after inflicting 80 casualties
[ 05/01/2008 - 04:03 PM ]

NABLUS, (PIC)-- The IOF troops on Saturday withdrew from the West Bank city of Nablus after wreaking havoc for almost three days that ended with destroying a number of buildings in the Old City.

Violent confrontations took place before the soldiers' withdrawal in a number of areas that led to the injury of citizens with rubber coated bullets and gas canisters.

The IOF invasion of the city started on Saturday morning when big numbers of soldiers stormed the city in more than 70 army vehicles, including bulldozers, and imposed a curfew on the Old City after sealing it off.

The soldiers blasted their way into shops and broke into civilian homes at the pretext of looking for wanted activists.

More than 80 citizens were wounded in the IOF barbaric incursion the most serious being that of Mohammed Abu Hantash who was hit with a bullet in the head.

Many Palestinian youths were detained in the campaign.

Meanwhile, in the Gaza Strip, the Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of Hamas Movement, fired 21 mortar shells at a group of IOF special units east of Gaza city on Saturday.

It said that the attack was in response to the constant IOF incursions and assassinations against the Palestinian people and their Mujahideen.

Page Top